Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sushi Roll Edamame Salad

I love SUSHI!!!  My husband and I would always go to our favorite sushi restaurant every single date night... until my veganism hit.  He was sad and I was frustrated.  No more Spanish Rolls or El Feugo's, you know the kind that are smothered in Sriracha and make your face melt off!!  I tried the veggie roll, the cucumber roll and avocado roll but there was no flavor... and we don't live near a city that has cool, trendy vegan sushi joints that utilize mango and fancy black rice...

Enter the Sushi Roll Edamame Salad from Appetite for Reduction... this bad boy had it all. Sushi rice (which is what sushi really is), seaweed, carrots, cucumbers and delicious little pieces of avocado.  I was in heaven.  I really enjoyed the Green Onion-Miso Dressing that Isa suggested to put on it.  My only change would be to find the amazing ginger dressing that is on the house salads at sushi restaurants.


My son had inari and it came with a little packet of sesame seeds and freeze dried carrots and little bits of yumminess (that's a word right?!?).  This salad is a new favorite and will definitely be in my dinner or lunch rotations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment