Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

For the past few weeks I have been seeing these cute little frozen banana bites on Facebook...

But who really stops to make them?  I have a ton of items pinned on Pinterest and have yet to make them.  Well I looked in my cupboard and I have the ingredients... 3 of them to be exact and went to work.

And they are amazing... I can't wait for my kids to try them.  They do take a little time to make but they are well worth it.  I did some chores while waiting for the bananas to freeze and listened to my favorite podcast while applying the chocolate.



Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

ripe bananas
1 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil

Chop the bananas into bite sized pieces.  Place on parchment covered cookie sheet and freeze for an hour to 90 minutes.  Once the bananas are frozen place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals and stir until all the chips are melted.

Put a banana slice on a fork (or just throw them in one at a time in the chocolate) and use a spoon to cover in chocolate.  Slide them off the fork and back onto the parchment paper.  Freeze for a little while and them start eating!!

I just let mine sit in the freezer and pop them when I need a little sweetness!!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment