Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!!

As each new year starts we all say, I can't believe it is 2015 (or insert every other year of your life).  But this new year marks my first full year of being plant-based!  I am so thrilled that I made it through and determined to be without any animals products this year.

It is hard.  Hard making foods for a family that is omnivores.  Hard eating dinners with family members who, while they try to understand, just don't understand why you won't have a bite.  I never tried for perfection but each day that I fell I picked myself back up and tried again.

I had the occasional slice of cheese pizza at Costco (cheese is still hard for me) and I had the occasional sushi roll (my husband and my favorite place for date nights).  But that is ok.  It is ok at keep working toward a goal.  It is ok to stumble.  We just keeping trying each and everyday.

I don't make New Years Resolutions anymore.  I, like everyone else, tend to fail at them within the first week.  I don't want to set that kind of tone for the year.  I joined a gym in October is last year and so I don't have to worry about that.  I am vegan (plant-based) so my diet is pretty healthy.  My main goal is to take each day, stumble or not and try my best.

If you are starting down the plant-based/vegan road this year then I applaud you.  I applaud you for taking your health and diet (not the kind to loose weight but as in the food you eat).  I applaud you for putting compassion towards earthlings first.  While I am a plant-based/vegan for health reasons, I love love love that my eating to live does not include the suffering of animals.

Join me as I again try to make my blog and communication a daily, if not weekly practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment